17 May 2010

WA Machine Quilting Workshops

WA Machine Quilting Workshops
Robyn Dall of Bunbury, WA sent me the following heartfelt plea...

"Poor WA is very isolated far away from the east coast of Australia where most machine quilting training opportunities happen. Now that the Machine Quilting Conferences that were run by the Gammill dealers at Mittagong NSW, have discontinued, there are even less opportunities. Us WA people need to create our own opportunities for skill development. So wondering if you would be interested in running classes here at my quilting room in Bunbury"


I just couldn't refuse! So started my jaunt to WA! I had a wonderful time and met some really lovely people and committed machine quilters.

The Perth Section of the Trip
What a wonderful welcome! I was met at the airport by Greg Camden - a very accomplished male quilter and WA Agent for Superior Threads - of House of Quilts. Greg and Gayle gave me a very nice dinner and put me up in style despite never having met me before.


Thanks so much Greg and Gayle, I'm looking forward to returning the favour when you visit Queensland.

The next day we gathered at Jo Northcott’s home (Jo Northcott Quilting in Sorrento) for the Machine
Quilters' Gathering which was very well attended. It was great to meet so many quilters. The Gathering was a real hive of activity and discussion and it was good to see networking in WA is in fine form.

There were lots of products on display including backing fabrics from Widebacks Australia and threads from Superior Threads and a scrumptious lunch! So much food!

Stay tuned for the Bunbury Section of my WA trip...

No comments: