17 May 2010

The Bunbury Classes

The Bunbury Classes
I met Robyn Dall of Quality Quilting of WA at the WA Machine Quilters' Gathering and she drove me down to Bunbury after it. She had arranged for me to give a week of classes and each one was fully booked! The classes I taught included:

  • KNOWING THE BASICS
  • PANTOGRAPHING
  • UNCOMPLICATED MACHINE QUILTING OPTIONS
  • NO MARK QUILTING
  • SHOW STOPPER STUFF
  • TEMPLATING
Victorian Textiles were kind enough to sponsor the classes and supplied batting for the quilting demonstrations. Below is a photo of some of the students who attended the Bunbury Classes and the completed sampler I worked on during the 'Show Stopper' class.

















The Bunbury Quilt Show
On the weekend I visited the Bunbury Quilters’ Quilt Show. What an absolutely fabulous show... Take a look at the Raffle Quilt photos below. This gorgeous quilt was quilted Susan Campbell of Rowdy Flat Quilting, Yackandandah.



There were so many inspiring quilts and lots of very creative machine quilting. I also had the chance to view the Bunbury Challenge and I have to say I was ‘gob smacked’ by the standard of entries from all over the world. I bought a challenge pack for 2010 (but alas I didn’t get an entry in).

Relaxing in Bunbury

My relaxation was to take several strolls along the long beach just down from Robyn’s home. I love to walk along the beach, I find it's good for the soul.

My WA Resolution...

I’ll be happy to go and teach in WA anytime! The girls were great, they were like machine quilting sponges, just soaking up any information I could give them. They were all so appreciative of me making the trip and made me feel really welcome. Only thing I swear never to do again is to travel home on that ghastly ‘red eye’!!!!

1 comment:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Welcome back to blogging Barb, I've so missed your work, just so inspirational!! ....... , I wish I could have travelled along with you to catch up on some lost friendships!!