17 May 2010

Catching up and the AMQA website

Catching up...

Life has been so hectic the last 12 months that I just turned around and a whole 18 months flew by. Well, I'm hoping to be able to be more regular in my postings from now on but I thought first I'd bring you up-to-date on what has happened in the last 18 months, so here goes...


The AMQA website

The committee of the Australian Machine Quilting Association (AMQA) decided in 2009 that the Association needed a new website to be a more effective focal point for all aspects of machine quilting. A place where quilters and their customers and potential customers could go for relevant, up-to-date information.

Setting up this website and briefing the designer were my final tasks as the founding member of AMQA. After four years of putting strong foundations in place I felt satisfied that the association had made good progress so I resigned as President of AMQA to refocus on my own business and my family.


The new website looks fabulous and provides AMQA the means to grow and prosper to the benefit of everyone involved or associated with the machine quilting industry.

As I said in my President’s report (AGM August 2009), “I am proud of what has been achieved and... I resigned from the Presidency earlier this year. In the belief of the AMQA vision, I felt I should step aside and provide the opportunity for the new membership to step-up and broaden the culture of the organisation, give it a new horizon to pursue, whilst carrying forward the strong principles on which AMQA was founded”.

Since then I have been focussing on my own family and business but I continue to watch AMQA grow with great excitement.

No comments: