17 October 2013

Craft & Quilt Fair - Brisbane

This week I am having fun at the Fair!
I'm a guest of Imaaje C29 (one of my favourite online fabric shops) and giving free workshops at 11.30am every morning in Workshop 2 introducing new quilt-makers, and taking the more experienced back, to the Basics. It is my hope that the information I share will help patchworkers to achieve better results and therefore more enjoyment from this much loved craft.
The workshop is titled 'The Quilting B's" because I am talking about Backings, Borders, piecing Blocks, and a bit of all things in between...... well, I only have 20mins so everything? not possible.


Dinosaurs Quilt
Anyway thought I would share a couple of photos of one of the little samples I created to demonstrate the difference made when you 'press as you go', tidy threads as you go and Butting seams where they interlock. Oh and also ... how when Borders are calculated correctly, they sit flat and even around the quilt.

wrong side of quilt top showing seams etc
Pieced Backing using leftover strips


2 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Hope you enjoy the time Barb. I'm glad your presenting this little snapshot of the three B's. It's amazing how this gets left out of lessons, and yet with a little bit more time and effort the results can really add a better finish to the quilt.

Barb Cowan said...

Yes Judy, you're so right. I can see by the concentration on the faces in my audience that they are keen to know what I am telling them. I'm feeling good!