21 August 2008

Soon It Will Be Spring


I can't remember feeling so cold in the winter months in Brisbane. Previous winters have been quite mild, this year it's freezing! Normally we only need to use the heaters occassionally, this year they have really had a good work out.



Sure to brighten the wintery mood is such a crisp, fresh explosion of bright Spring colours. This quilt made by my good friend Suzanne Walker called appropriately 'Spring Fling' has reminded me that the start of the Spring season is only one week away!

I usually find myself looking forward to a welcomed spell from what can be a very hot Queensland Summer. This year though I must admit, I am looking forward to feeling the warmth of the sun again.


I love daisies, don't you? This is a view of Sue's quilt from the back. Lovely Sue, well done.

No comments: